Special Father’s Day Gift Box from FoodBall and BlueBlood Steakhouse.
FoodBall and BlueBlood Steakhouse are pleased to offer a curated Father’s Day gift box, and have it delivered right to his door.
Located inside Toronto’s majestic castle, Casa Loma, BlueBlood Steakhouse offers a modern take on the classic steakhouse. Bring BlueBlood home with the gift of 4 hand forged BlueBlood engraved steak knives, bottle of Vigneti del Salento Vigne Vecchie Leggenda Primitivo di Manduria, and a $50 gift card to BlueBlood Steakhouse. The gift box also includes a delicious recipe for the perfect ribeye steak and mashed potatoes from Chef Scott Saunderson, should you choose to recreate the meal on your own.
Out of stock
In time for BBQ season, deliveries will begin May 1st, 2020.
Solid Ground Pinot Noir 2017
A perfect example of Lodi terroir, this Pinot expresses big fruit and ample richness for the varietal. The nose pops with lots of floral tones, cherry, raspberry and hints of blackberry. The blackberry notes, from the blended Zinfandel, gives this wine its distinct Lodi character. The palate is soft and round, with good weight for the varietal, yet still maintains the gentle acidity in the mid-palate that is distinctly Pinot. Frankie and Johnnie Wines have teamed up with Oak Ridge Winery, to produce and bottle Solid Ground. Built in 1934, Oak Ridge Winery is the oldest operating winery in Lodi, California. The wines are made from 7,500 acres of estate vineyards throughout the Lodi American Viticultural Area (AVA), situated between the Sierra Navada foothills and the San Francisco Bay. The area’s uniquely Mediterranean climate, with warm days and coastal evening breezes, is ideal for the cultivation of world-class wine grapes.
Pairing: Grilled Salmon Fillet
- 6oz Fresh salmon
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tarragon sprigs
- 1 whole lemon cut into slices
- 2 Tablespoon chopped scallion
- Salt and pepper
- Place the salmon , olive oil and tarragon in a Ziplock bag for 4 hours prior to grilling and keep refrigerated
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove salmon from the bag leaving the tarragon. Remove excess oil and season accordingly.
- Place both the salmon and lemon on the grill. Cook the lemon until slightly charred. Grill salmon until desired doneness.
- Plate with grilled lemon, chopped scallions and drizzle love oil to finish.
Trim Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
TRIM is a well-crafted Cabernet Sauvignon from outstanding vineyards in California. Our winemaking team works with some of the best vineyards to produce a lush, well balanced and fruit forward Cabernet Sauvignon. The winemaking team works with some of the best vineyards to produce this sensual pleasure, rich, lush, well balanced, full bodied and fruit forward Cabernet Sauvignon. At TRIM, they strive to make a Cabernet Sauvignon using only the best fruit in California. The goal is to make a wine with concentrated fruit flavors and good acid balance without compromising the quality. By producing a wine with these complex attributes, they produce a wine that has early accessibility, but also has the potential to age in the bottle for years.
Pairing: Rosemary and Mustard Crusted Beef Filet
- 8oz Prime or AAA beef tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 5 Tablespoon worstershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Mix wet ingredients and 1T of the chopped rosemary.
- Marinate beef filet in marinade for 30minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove the filet steak from the marinade and drain off excess liquid. Season lightly.
- Place steak on grill while monitoring the caramelization due to the sugars from the honey.
- When you have achieved the desired doneness, remove from grill and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Just before serving, place back on grill to reheat for 1 minute.
- Serve with remaining chopped rosemary.
Headwind Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
This Lodi Cabernet has rich berry fruit with oak and vanilla notes. With hints of baking spices, it reminds one of a mouthwatering berry pie, tasty crust and all. It has a medium body and gentle tannins making for very pleasurable wine drinking. Frankie and Johnnie Wines have found great value and exceptional quality from old vines in Lodi, California to produce Headwind. The wines are made from 7,500 acres of estate vineyards throughout the Lodi American Viticultural Area (AVA), situated between the Sierra Navada foothills and the San Francisco Bay. The area’s uniquely Mediterranean climate, with warm days and coastal evening breezes, is ideal for the cultivation of world-class wine grapes.
Pairing: BlueBlood Burger 8oz
- 8oz ground beef strip loin (best quality possible)
- 1 Teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon worstershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 Tablespoon minced and sautéed shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
The secret to a good burger and maintaining the shape is to mix the ingredients , form and let the patty rest overnight. Reserve seasoning until right before placing on the grill.
$30 BlueBlood Steakhouse Gift Card
1 Austin Terrace Toronto ON
Valid for takeaway or in-restaurant when BlueBlood reopens.
Wine Pairings curated by Liberty Group’s Wine Director
Wine Director and Head Sommelier
Recipes brought to you by FoodBall’s featured Chefs from
the Liberty Entertainment Group Collection of Restaurants.
Scott Saunderson, Executive Chef